- 1 bunch English spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 butternut (Boston) lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1-2 carrots, grated
- 1-2 red apples cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup sultanas (raisins)
- 1 ¼ cup chickpeas (cooked or tinned)
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
for the dressing
- 2 tbs Vegenaise (egg free mayonnaise)
- ½ tbs red wine or apple cider vinegar
- ½ – 1 tbs cold pressed almond oil or olive oil
Dry roast the almond and pepitas by placing them in a large non-stick frying pan; heat them over a gently heat, tossing the pan often, until crisp and golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
Make the dressing by whisking the ingredients, with a little salt and pepper, until well combined. Combine all the fresh ingredients together in a large bowl. Roughly chop the almonds and pepitas and toss through the salad.
Pour over the dressing and toss through the salad until well combined. Serve as a side or as a light main meal with toasted rye spread with hummus. Serves 4.
Source: Veggie Num Num