- 2 gluten-free pizza crusts, homemade or packaged (ex: Udi’s)
- Fried Sage (optional): 4 fried sage leaves per pizza
Butternut Squash mixture:
- 1 small butternut squash. Peeled, scooped of seeds, and diced. You will use about 1/2 cup diced butternut squash per pizza.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup ricotta, divided
- 1 four-ounce goat cheese log, divided
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Preheat large skillet, medium heat. Peel butternut squash, scoop out seeds, and dice into small cubes. Mince shallot and garlic, set aside garlic.
Saute butternut squash, shallot and thyme in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Grand Marnier, about 15-20 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Once squash is fork tender, add in garlic and saute for 1 minute. In 2 separate bowls, mix together 1/2 log of goat cheese (2 oz. per bowl), and 1/4 cup of ricotta per bowl. Add pinch of salt and pepper, mix well.
Spread goat cheese/ricotta mixture on pizza crust, top with approximately 1/2 cup butternut squash mixture (or spread into even layer) and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Top with fried sage. Makes 2 small pizzas.
Source: ATX Gluten Free