I am not really a fan of bread pudding, but my boyfriend Greg loves it. Every time we go out to eat, he looks for it on the dessert menu. This recipe is for Greg…check him out HERE.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices bread, dry or lightly toasted and torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup jaggery (or 3/4 cup granulated sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 325°. Butter a 9×7 or 8×8 baking dish. Arrange the bread pieces in the dish and evenly sprinkle the pistachios and ginger on top.
In another bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, jaggery or sugar, cardamom, and salt. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the bread, pressing down with a spoon or fork to make sure all the bread gets soaked.
Bake for 45 minutes or until set. The center should spring back when lightly touched. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Source: The Kitchn