- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (aka Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup no fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
Mix crab, egg, breadcrumbs, yogurt, chives, mustard, lemon juice, celery seed, onion powder, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl. Form into 6 patties.
Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter stops foaming. Cook the patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Serve atop a whole wheat English muffin with tarter sauce or a lemon-juice-dressed salad of greens, sprouts and sliced peaches. Makes 6 Servings.
* This recipe works best with convenient pasteurized crabmeat, usually found in the refrigerated case near the fish counter. If you prefer lump crabmeat, cut it into small, uniform pieces.
Nutrition Per Serving: 163 calories; 8 g fat, 16 g protein
Source: Eating Well