Please note: this recipe & photo is from Donal Skehan’s beautiful food blog.
- 2 ripe avocados, in thick slices
- 1 red onion, sliced in half moons
- A generous handful of cilantro
- Cherry tomatoes, sliecd in half
- Salt and pepper to season
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside. Assemble the ingredients for the salad on a serving platter, start with the slices of avocado then top with the red onion slices and then the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle cilantro all over the top of the salad.
Drizzle over the dressing and then season with sea salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Serve straight away. Makes 4 Servings.
Source: Food Gawker via Donal Skehan