- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 half of a red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- half of 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a few tbs. chopped red onion
- zest of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put sweet potatoes, jalapenos, red peppers and garlic on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, turning occasionally, until potatoes begin to brown on corners and are just tender inside, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven; keep on pan until ready to mix with other ingredients.
Combine red onion, lemon/lime zest, black beans, and cilantro in a small bowl. Add sweet potato mixture and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and maybe a drop of honey. Serve warm or at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to a day.
Source: Pinch of Yum via Food Gawker