- Ditch the Pop-Tart for a slice of high-fiber toast with strawberry jam.
- Gotta have carbs? Split a bagel with a coworker.
- Drink your two cups of joe black. Or order a single espresso instead of your usual latte.
- Swap OJ for the real deal—one fresh orange.
- Trade a side of regular sausage for turkey.
- Top your waffles with Reddi-Whip instead of syrup (or use sugar-free).
- Eat your granola from a 4-ounce mug, not an 8-ounce bowl.
- Order pancakes, but hold the butter.
- Scramble together 4 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs.
- Leave the Swiss cheese out of your sandwich.
- Slather your bread with mustard rather than mayo and save 80 calories per tablespoon.
- Pass up croutons at the salad bar.
- Use up to 10 pumps of ranch dressing spray instead of pouring 2 tablespoons from a bottle.
- Take your iced tea unsweetened.
- Make your burger turkey, not beef.
- Slurp minestrone soup instead of cream of anything.
- Go bunless—shed your hamburger roll.
At Happy Hour:
- Nurse a single glass of wine instead of downing 2 beers.
- Ask for your rum & cokes in a highball glass. Bartenders pour about 20% less liquid into taller tumblers, so you’ll drink less per round.
- Ordering a cocktail? Make it on the rocks instead of frozen.
- Dip your nachos in salsa rather than guacamole.
- For automatic portion control, sip wine from a Champagne flute, not an oversize goblet.
Source: Women’s Health