I saw this recipe on one of my favorite healthy food blogs Skinny Taste. Looks amazing…perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 6 oz whole wheat penne pasta (use brown rice pasta for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly shaved
Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
Toss the pasta with baby arugula, sun dried tomatoes, chick peas, oil, vinegar, half of the cheese, salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Divide between 4 plates and top with remaining shaved parmesan cheese. Makes 8 cups.
Nutrition: Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 cups • Calories: 280.4 • Fat: 9.2 g • Protein: 10.8 g • Carb: 43.6 g • Fiber: 7.9 g