I found this amazing recipe via Love & Lemons.
Ingredients: Yogurt Flatbreads – makes 4 breads, approximately 5-inch diameter
- 1/2 cup spelt flour, plus extra for kneading/rolling
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a little oil or butter for the pan
Ingredients: Sweet Potato Hummus:
- 1/2 a medium sweet potato, baked until mushy
- 1 can chickpeas (or 1.5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary
- juice of 1/2 a small lemon (or 1/4 of a large lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
Directions for Flat Bread:
Combine all ingredients. Mix them together with your hands to form a ball of dough. Add more flour if you need to, just enough so they’re not too sticky. Knead for about a minute until the dough is smooth. Put in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to a few days.
Divide into 4 balls and using a rolling pin, roll them into flat disks.
Heat a skillet and add butter or oil, and then the raw flatbreads. Cook for a minute or two on each side like you would cook a pancake. Flip when you start to see bubbles, and remove when they’re at your desired level of browning or char.
Serve immediately, they’re best right off the skillet. If you want to make extra for later, keep the raw dough balls in the fridge and cook as needed.
Directions for Hummus:
Process all ingredients in a food processer. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a dusting of paprika.