The first day of Spring is tomorrow. Can’t wait to me THESE turkey burgers with turkey bacon for a Spring BBQ.
Ingredients – Makes 4 Servings:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon finely diced onion
- 5/8 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/8 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Package of turkey bacon
- Toppings for burger: Avocado, Onions, Spinach/Arugula, Tomatoes, Mustard, BBQ sauce
- Whole Wheat English muffins
In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties. Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
In a separate medium skillet, cook the turkey bacon. Place turkey strips on skillet and turn them over every 2 minutes until desired crispness. After cooking, place strips on paper towels to reduce oil.
Add cooked turkey burgers, turkey bacon and desired toppings to toasted whole wheat English Muffins and enjoy.