I saw this recipe, and cannot wait to make these. My all-time favorite cookie recipe is my Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. These healthy cookies contain no butter, minimal sugar, and are entirely vegan.
- 3 large, very ripe bananas
- 1/2 C natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, liquified (or sub canola)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or honey for non-vegan)
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mash the bananas in a large bowl, then add peanut butter, baking powder, oil, maple syrup, salt and vanilla. Add oats and flour and mix well. If the mixture seems too wet, add more flour. Then add chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat and drop cookies by spoonfuls 1 inch apart. They won’t spread much so don’t worry about getting them too close together. If you want them a bit flatter like traditional cookies, flatten them down with the back of a spoon.
Bake for 15 minutes or slightly more, until the cookies are slightly golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack to cool completely – at least one hour. Store in an airtight container to retain freshness.
Source: MyLittleCelebration.com via Diets in Review