I found this recipe via JeanettesHealthyLiving.com.
6 ounces fresh salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups finely chopped baby arugula
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mango
- 1/2 cup finely chopped jicama
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, warmed up
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix soy sauce, honey and mirin together in a bowl. Place salmon in bowl and toss to cover with sauce. Let marinade for 10-15 minutes. Bake salmon about 10-12 minutes until just cooked through (cooking time will depend on thickness of fish). Remove from oven and set aside.
While salmon is baking, place walnuts and sugar in a small skillet. Heat over medium heat until sugar starts to melt. Using spatula, toss walnuts continuously to coat all pieces and toast nuts. Reduce heat to medium-low if necessary to avoid burning. After nuts are toasted, transfer to a dish to cool. Chop finely and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, toss arugula, mango, jicama, brown rice, and salmon. Drizzle some Wasabi Vinaigrette on top and toss well, breaking up salmon pieces.
Divide salad between two salad plates and sprinkle with Sugared Walnuts and toasted sesame seeds.