- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red tomatoes (1 pound), cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups hothouse cucumber chunks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 cups torn mixed dark-hued greens, such as escarole and romaine lettuce, or use all romaine
- 4 ounces feta cheese, chopped
In a large salad bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, and pepper with a fork.
Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and olives. Toss to mix well. If you have time, let marinate for 15 minutes.
Add the greens and feta and toss again.
Nutrition Facts (Makes 4 Servings): Per Serving – 290 calories, 8 grams fiber, 11.7 grams protein
Source: Women’s Health Magazine