You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘anti-inflammatory diet’ category.
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/4 lbs pounds salmon fillet, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
I saw this photo and recipe on Food Gawker and it looks amazing.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 sliced avocados
- Tortillas (I suggest Trader Joe’s low-carb tortillas)
Interesting Pomegranate Fact: Research has shown that pomegranates have more inflammation-fighting antioxidants than red wine or green tea.
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 8 tablespoons sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 8 tablespoons crumbled low-fat queso fresco
Easy weeknight dinner for 2…
- 1 pound fish fillets, about 1-inch thick
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 quarter red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 or so cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 2 wedges
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil or butter
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped jicama
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- Balsamic vinegar (or other preferred dressing)
On Sunday night, I made roasted squash with Parmesan and herbs. We added spicy turkey sausage and red pepper flakes to give it some extra kick. One the side, I made a lime cucumber salad. It was a delicious, healthy Sunday night dinner.
Recipe for Cucumber Salad: Cucumber, tomato, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and chile powder
Fresh Farmer’s Market fruit salad: bananas, peaches, apples, pears, and strawberries.
I had this for brunch this weekend and need to start making these!
- 4 pack of Açaí berry pure (example: Sambazon)
- 2 cup almond milk (or water)
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1 cup granola
- 2 handful fresh strawberries and blueberries
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
brooklyn decker on the cover of women’s health
A few days ago, my friend (who is an ER doctor), asked me the following question, regarding my general diet: What do you eat for your daily calcium intake?
I don’t eat cereal (therefore no milk), I don’t eat very much cheese, and while I enjoy yogurt, I don’t usually incorporate yogurt into my daily diet. Basically, my friend said: Eat more Calcium or you will likely end up with painful Osteoporosis later in life.
Keep It Skinny is featured on Women.com today. Check it out HERE.
Women.com is your source for all women’s needs: mental and physical health, beauty, style, parenting, and relationships. Mindful, meaningful content for empowered women.