You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘beauty/health’ category.
In the Los Angeles area? Join these local studios tomorrow for complimentary yoga classes – On The 12th: http://www.onthe12th.com
Image via Lululemon
Want to lose weight? Eat more protein!
According to a study at the University of South Australia, eating a high protein diet yields greater weight-loss results.
- It takes more energy for your body to process protein.
- A higher protein diet keeps your metabolism going by preserving your muscle mass and resting energy expenditure (the amount of calories you burn while at rest).
The next time your stomach rumbles and dinner is hours in the future, reach for any of these nine protein-packed snack combos, recommended by Lisa M. Moskovitz, RD, CDN, CPT, owner of Manhattan-based practice Your New York Dietitian.
Since moving into my new place, I have spent a lot of time working on our outdoor patio. It has become an ideal outdoor entertaining space and I have been spending every weekend out there.
I moved about 2 months ago, and my new place has a great outdoor patio. This summer I plan on using this outdoor patio all the time, having frequent summer BBQ’s with friends.
I saw an article on Pinterest about “Green Tips” for throwing a summer BBQ. Here are some tips from BrightNest Blog on how to reduce waste at your summer get togethers:
I saw this beautiful yoga video, featuring Briohny Smyth from Equinox. Watch this video if you ever need inspiration to get to your yoga class.
I am a big fan of Pinterest. If you don’t know what Pinterest is, I suggest checking it out!
Women.com posted a great article about Pinterest entitled “This is Everything You Need to Know About Pinterest.”
For those unfamiliar with Pinterest, Internet Marketing Inc. explains the service like this: “Imagine if Flickr and Twitter had a child together that combined the image sharing of Flickr with the social functionality of Twitter.” Users upload and share pictures with a network of over 10 million people and follow the activity of their friends and other users
You can follow me on Pinterest HERE.
Here are a few ways to recycle or reuse your old yoga mat:
- Donate: If you have a special place in your heart for four-legged friends, bring your used mat to the local Humane Society where they’ll use it to line crates for the animals. The Bolder Mat Company also accepts old mats for their renew and recycle program, and donates them to needy schools or community organizations.
- Recycle: Mail your worn-out mat to Recycle Your Mat and they’ll recycle it for you. Bonus: you’ll receive a coupon for 20 percent off an eco-friendly Manduka mat.
- Reuse: Wash your old mat thoroughly and place it under your treadmill to protect the floor from scratches, or fold it up and use it as a kneeling pad when gardening. Old mats can also be cut up and used under the litter box to prevent tracking kitty litter all over your house, cut into circles and used to open jars, or you can place a piece in your trunk to keep bags of groceries from sliding around.
Source: FitSugar via Twitter