You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘FAVORITES’ category.
I made this on Tuesday night, after having it at a friend’s house. This pork recipe is AMAZING. I highly recommend it for any gathering or party food.
- 3 lb pork shoulder (good for about 8 servings)
- For the Meat Rub: Black pepper, Onion powder, Garlic powder
- 1 Tbs Flour (to coat the pork)
- Thyme and rosemary sprigs
- Teaspoon of brown sugar
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Cumin and coriander
- Cinnamon applesauce (or thin apple slices)
- At least a half cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp butter
- Olive oil
** For the recipe, you will need frying pan and a CROCK POT
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/4 lbs pounds salmon fillet, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped jicama
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- Balsamic vinegar (or other preferred dressing)
I made THIS recipe last night. I used arugula instead of spring greens and craisins instead of pomegrante.
I found this recipe via JasonandShawnda.com; Photo via RunningToTheKitchen.com.
Ingredients – Makes 12 sliders:
For the pulled pork:
- 5 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 limes, juiced (1/4 cup) and zested
- 1-2 oranges, juiced (1/2 cup) and zested
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp oregano
For the sliders:
- 12 whole wheat slider buns
- Swiss cheese slices
- 1 lime, quartered
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Avocado slices
- Cilantro/red cabbage for garnish (optional)
My Easter breakfast was delicious: scrambled eggs on a whole wheat English Muffin with arugula and fresh berries.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 pears
- crumbled goat cheese
- balsalmic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
Keep It Skinny is featured on Women.com today. Check it out HERE.
Women.com is your source for all women’s needs: mental and physical health, beauty, style, parenting, and relationships. Mindful, meaningful content for empowered women.
After being diagnosed with Costochondritis two weeks ago, I am going to start an Anti-Inflammatory Diet.