You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘bacon’ category.
Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado & Aioli.
Last night I grabbed takeout from Sauce on Hampton…this BLTAA was delicious. I highly recommend Sauce if you’re in Santa Monica/Venice.
- 2 ounces pecan halves, broken
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pizza dough, purchased or homemade (Trader Joe’s whole wheat dough)
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn in small piieces
- 8 ounces applewood bacon, cut each slice in quarters and cook until golden brown but not super crispy, drain well on paper towels
- ½ medium crisp, red skinned apple, cored and thinly slice, each slice halved
- 2 ounces baby arugula or spinach
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste