- Two large handfuls of rocket leaves, washed and dried
- One handful of basil leaves
- 9-10 Brazil nuts (or pine nuts)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- One lemon, zested and juiced
- Olive oil
- 20g Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
Chop the rocket and basil leaves enough to make them fit into a pestle and mortar. Pound the Brazil nuts into a coarse powder then add the garlic and a pinch of sea salt and pound some more. Add the lemon zest then the rocket and basil leaves and continue mashing with the pestle until it begins to look like pesto. Add the olive oil until it is a certifiable sauce then stir in the grated cheese.
Season with sea salt, black pepper and lemon juice and stir through warm spaghetti.
Source: Just Cook It