- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola-based mayo (such as Spectrum brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup canola-based mayo
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
To prepare crab cakes, combine first 8 ingredients. Add panko and crab, tossing gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Fill a 1/3-cup dry measuring cup with crab mixture. Invert onto work surface; gently pat into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Repeat procedure with remaining crab mixture, forming 8 cakes.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 crab cakes to pan; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Carefully turn cakes; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden and crab cakes are thoroughly heated. Remove cakes from pan; keep warm. Wipe pan dry with paper towels. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 crab cakes.
To prepare rémoulade, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Serve with crab cakes. Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 crab cakes and 1 1/2 tablespoons rémoulade).
734 calories per serving, 8.6 grams saturated fat, 1,285 milligrams sodium
292 calories per serving, 1.6 grams saturated fat, 571 milligrams sodium
Source: Cooking Light