- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat orzo (at whole foods)
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few tbsp crumbled feta
- dressing here
Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the orzo and cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 9 minutes. Drain then transfer to a large bowl and cool completely. Add the onion, beans, tomato, mint, and basil, toss well, and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper.
Whisk the dressing ingredients and pour about half the dressing over the orzo, tossing well to combine. Serve with a little feta sprinkled over the top, and pass the remaining dressing at the table.
Source: Cate’s World Kitchen