- 1-1/2 lb. mixed summer squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links (chicken or pork)
- 1/3 cup mixed herbs, such as cilantro, parsley, mint, and basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 Tbs. capers, rinsed
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Prepare a medium-hot grill fire.
Toss the squash with the olive oil in a medium bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Grill the squash and the sausage, turning frequently, until the squash is just tender and the sausage is cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes. Cut the sausage into 1-inch chunks. Toss the squash and sausage with the herbs, olives, and capers. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Source: Kayln’s Kitchen