- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 a jar of roasted red peppers, plus two tablespoons of their liquid
- About 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 large basil leaves, julienned
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
In a medium pot, add the quinoa and four cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and fluff with a fork. When cooled slightly, turn out into a large bowl.
While the quinoa cooks, sauté the spinach. In a medium saucepan, add a little olive oil to the pan and turn it up to medium-low. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the spinach. Toss to coat, then cook for five minutes, or until the spinach has completely wilted.
To the quinoa, add the spinach, red peppers, olive oil, reserved red pepper oil, basil, and lemon juice. Gently toss to combine. Add salt and pepper, then test for seasonings. Just before serving, add the crumbled goat cheese.
Source: Cooking After Five