- 1 (3 lb.) spaghetti squash
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped (you will not use the sauce)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Using a large, sharp knife, pierce a spaghetti squash in several places. Place the spaghetti squash in a glass baking dish and cook in the microwave on high for about 15 minutes, turning the squash halfway through cooking. Before handling, let the squash stand for 10 minutes. Cut it in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and fibers. Using a fork, twist out strands of the spaghetti squash flesh and place in a large bowl.
Place the chopped chipotle peppers in a small bowl and whisk in olive oil. Pour the olive oil mixture into the spaghetti squash and toss until combined. Add queso fresco cheese, cilantro, salt, and pepper to the spaghetti squash and toss again. Serve and garnish with additional queso fresco cheese and sprigs of cilantro.
Source: Cookin’ Canuck