- 1 1/2 cups unsalted raw peanuts
- 1/2 of a medium-large cabbage
- 1 basket of tiny cherry tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon + fine-grain sea salt
In a skillet or oven (350F) roast the peanuts for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice along the way, until golden and toasted.
Cut the cabbage into two quarters and cut out the core. Using a knife shred each quarter into whisper thin slices. The key here is bite-sized and thin. If any pieces look like they might be awkwardly long, cut those in half. Combine the cabbage, tomatoes, jalapeno (opt), and cilantro in a bowl.
In a separate bowl combine the lime juice, olive oil, salt. Add to the cabbage mixture and gently stir to combine. Just before serving fold in the peanuts (add them too earl and they lose some of their crunch). Taste and adjust the flavor with more salt if needed.
Source: 101 Cookbooks