Pineapple Pico de Gallo:
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and allow to marinate while you prepare the chicken sausage topping.
Spicy Chicken Sausage Nachos:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed, minced
- 1 lb spicky Chicken Sausage
- 1 bag tortilla chips (14oz)
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the broiler on high.
Set a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and bring to temperature. Add the minced onion with a pinch of sea salt and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the minced bell pepper and jalapeno peppers and saute for 3 minutes. Add the chicken sausage and saute until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
Arrange the tortillas in a large baking dish. Evenly top with the chicken sausage mixture and then the cheese. Place about 6 inches below the broiler and broil until the cheese has melted and begins to brown.
Remove the nachos from the baking dish and transfer to a platter. Top with the pineapple pico de gallo and serve. Serves 6-8.
Source: Feel Good Eats