- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 400g (14 oz) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ small continental cucumber, diced
- ½ red capsicum/bell pepper (equally good with yellow), diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 tbs fresh chopped mint and/or parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 good tbs natural set yoghurt
Bring the stock to boil, remove from heat and add the couscous; give the mixture a stir, place the lid on top and leave for around 5 minutes; when the couscous has absorbed the liquid fluff with a fork to separate.
Mix the lemon juice and olive oil together and then toss through couscous. Add the salad ingredients including chickpeas and mint to the couscous; season with salt and pepper and toss well.
Add the yoghurt and gently fold through, don’t worry if the salad becomes a little gluggy just add a little more lemon juice or olive oil. Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves.
Source: Veggie Num Num