- 1 cup whole wheat orzo, uncooked
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- about 3/4 of a 6 oz bag of baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz gorgonzola/feta crumbled
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup oil (canola or light olive oil will work)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook orzo according to instructions on package, set aside to cool.
In bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, vinegar, oil and pinches of salt and pepper.
In a large salad bowl combine orzo, almonds, spinach and cranberries. Gently toss ingredients with 1/3-1/2 amount of dressing, add more or less to your liking. I don’t like my salad overdressed. Add gorgonzola/feta and gently toss again. Serve immediately at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Source: Aggie’s Kitchen via allrecipes.com