- 1 TB olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 4 TB celery, diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained or frozen and thawed
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 2 TB chives
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling at end)
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in small saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and celery and cook until garlic is aromatic, approximately 20 seconds. Add artichokes and saute until artichokes are slightly browned, approximately 5-8 minutes. Set aside and cool in refrigerator.
Combine cream cheese and 1/2 can of beans in food processor. Add cayenne (optional). Process until smooth. Add in cooled artichoke mixture. Puree until slightly chunky. Add chives. Season with lemon juice, additional olive oil and salt and pepper. Serve with warm pita or flat bread.
Source: Aggie’s Kitchen via The Sonoma Diet Cookbook