- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomato halves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. Combine cumin with cayenne pepper and rub over chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken for 4 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board.
Return the skillet with pan drippings to medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, and 3 tablespoons water and cook, stirring, 1 or 2 minutes, until ingredients are just heated through. Serves 4.
Source: Yum Sugar
Remove from heat and toss with the scallions, cilantro, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Slice chicken and arrange on top of beans.