- 2 (6-inch) pitas
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pitas on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until toasted; cool 1 minute. Tear into bite-sized pieces. Combine pita pieces, fennel, and next 4 ingredients (through cucumber). Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Combine juice, vinegar, oregano, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over pita mixture; toss to coat. Makes 4 Servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups).
Nutrition Per Serving: 257 Calories, 16 g Protein, 3 g Fiber
Source: Cooking Light