- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- pinch each of cinnamon and salt
- one pat of Earth Balance butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Simmer the carrots in the cider, butter, cinnamon and salt until just fork-tender. Drain the excess liquid and toss with the nuts and raisins.
* Robin at The Hungry Birdie tweaked this recipe from an episode of Chef at Home. Michael Smith was trying to come up with a way to get his son to eat carrots, so he decided to make them taste like apple pie.