- 1 cup dry Quinoa (prepare according to package directions)
- Handful chopped fresh Basil + some for garnish
- 1/2 Lemon or 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- Juice from 1/2 Navel Orange or a few tbs Orange Juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Green Onion (Scallions)
- A few pinches of the following spices:
- Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Blood Oranges: cut into small pieces with pith and seeds removed
Prepare quinoa according to package. Let it cool and toss with all of the above ingredients. Add the sliced blood orange last so they don’t break up too much when you combine. This is best served at room temperature or chilled.
- Toasted nuts: Add some walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, almonds, etc.
- Cheese: Top with goat cheese, Feta, Parmesan, Romano, Gruyere, etc.
- Dried Fruit: Toss in some chopped dried Apricots, Cranberries, Cherries, etc.
- Toss with mixed greens and some lean protein for a balanced salad.
Source: Family Fresh Cooking