Raw Asparagus Salad
Raw Kale Salad with Feta Cheese
Raw Asparagus Salad – Ingredients
- 1 bunch of thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, shaved
Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus into long, thin strips and transfer to a large bowl. Add the arugula and parsley. Gently toss to combine.
In a small jar, combine the lemon juice with the olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper; shake to emulsify. Add to the bowl with the asparagus and toss to combine. Add the shaved cheese and very gently toss. Enjoy immediately.
Raw Kale Salad with Feta Cheese – Ingredients
- 1 large bunch Lacinato kale, center ribs removed, leaves cut into thin strips 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt + more
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup small dill sprigs (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
About one hour before you plan to eat, put kale and shallot in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Pour the dressing over the kale and toss to coat thoroughly. Let sit for one hour.
To serve, add toasted nuts, feta cheese, and dill sprigs to salad and toss thoroughly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Source: Fit Sugar