I am OBSESSED with chop salads. I rarely ever make them myself though (which needs to change). My favorite local chop salads are at M Street Kitchen & Stella Rosa on Main Street in Santa Monica.
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 basil leaves, cut into a chiffonade
- 3 thin slices salami, diced
- 4 bocconcini mozzarella balls, quartered
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. In a separate bowl, combine dijon, garlic and vinegar, whisk to combine. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking the entire time until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad with just enough vinaigrette.
Source: My Culinary Quest via Food Gawker