- 2 cups uncooked sprouted bean mix (or lentils)
- 1 whole English cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (about 2 handfuls)
- 3 T chopped fresh herbs (oregano, parsley, mint)
- 3 T chopped canned Greek peperoncini peppers + 1 T of juice from the jar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Cook the beans (or lentils) according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until they’re about room temperature. In a large bowl, combine the cooked beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, herbs, & chopped peppers.
In a small bowl whisk together the peperoncini juice, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine. Carefully stir in the feta cheese and sliced green onions.
Source: Perry’s Plate