- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints (4 cups) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots, separated into rings
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch (about 12 ounces) greens, such as Swiss chard, kale or curly-leafed spinach
- 4 store-bought or homemade naan (Trader Joe’s has great naan)
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
To Prep the Tomatoes: Heat a large skillet on high. Add the 2 tablespoons of oil, and tilt the pan to coat. Add the tomatoes, and cook, stirring, until blistered and softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
To Prep the Shallots: Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and shallots and cook, stirring, until the shallots turn dark golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in a pinch of crushed red pepper, if desired. Set aside.
To Prep the Greens: Pull the leaves of the Swiss chard or kale from the stems. Coarsely chop the leaves, and discard the stems. Rinse the greens in cold water and drain.
Add the wet leaves to a large skillet and cook, covered, over medium heat until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover the skillet, and toss the greens until they are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid. Pour the shallots and oil over the greens, and toss over medium-high heat, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
To Assemble: Place the naan directly on the oven rack for about 5 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven to a platter. Top each naan with goat cheese, tomatoes and greens. Spoon any excess shallot oil in the skillet over the greens. Return the naan for a few minutes to warm, if you’d like. Serve immediately.
Source: Ezra Pound Cake