This recipe is via The Novice Chef.
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh, coarsely ground pepper
- Trader Joe’s pita bread OR whole wheat English muffins
- 4 tablespoons peach jam (I prefer my mom’s homemade jam)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 5 sun-ripened dates, sliced
- 2 cups arugula
In a small saucepan, combine the pecan halves, a drizzle of olive oil, brown sugar, garlic salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the brown sugar mixture has caramelized on top of the pecans. Transfer to a sheet of parchment and allow to cool completely.
Spread a thin layer of peach preserves atop your pita. Sprinkle a handful of goat cheese on top. Add your candied pecans and sliced dates. Top with a ton of arugula. Serve immediately.