- 6 ears of sweet yellow corn, husked and kernels scraped (about 3 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (1-ounce) unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 ounces aged Manchego cheese, broken into chunks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
In the bowl of a food processor, add the Manchego and pulse several times until small crumbles form; set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the corn and sauté, stirring often until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to sauté just until the corn begins to turn light-golden in spots, about 2-3 minutes more. Add the butter and stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Transfer the corn to a large, wide serving bowl. Add the jalapeño, crushed red pepper flakes, and lime juice and toss to combine. Add the cheese, chives, and lime zest and gently toss again. Serve immediately.
Source: The Galley Gourmet via Bon Appétit