For the most part, I cook and eat extremely clean, healthy foods. But there are some days and occasions, when you just have to go all out. I wanted to post this recipe, as it is a great addition to a group dinner party or large family dinner.
- 16-ounce French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cut the bread in half horizontally. Using the back of a spoon, mix the softened butter, chopped garlic and garlic powder, herbs, and parsley together in a small bowl.
Spread the butter mixture evenly over each half of bread. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Set oven on broil, and allow the loaves to broil on high for 1-2 minutes or until tops are toasty.
Optional: If you are opting to use Parmesan cheese and red chili flakes, sprinkle both over the top of the bread right before broiling. Monitor the bread so as to avoid burning.
Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes and slice into 2-inich thick slices.
Note: This garlic bread actually freezes beautifully. You can either freeze it before you bake it and bake straight from its frozen state or freeze it after you bake it.
Source: Apartment Therapy