- 4 large orange bell peppers
- 1/2 pound seasoned turkey/chicken sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup plain raw couscous
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups veggie or chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook the sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains. Place in a large bowl. Add the beans, feta, couscous, scallions, garlic, and oregano to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Set aside.
Slice a very thin layer from the base of each bell pepper so they sit flat. Slice off the tops just below the stem. Discard stem, chop the tops and place in bowl with the sausage mixture. Remove ribs and seeds from the peppers.
Stuff peppers with the mixture. Place the stuffed peppers in a 5-quart ovenproof pot with a tight fitting lid; add your stock. Cover and bake until peppers are tender, about 1 hour.