- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 pound total), peeled, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 to 5 sprigs thyme
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 3-quart baking dish, toss together sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, walnuts, honey, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Top with thyme sprigs and roast until vegetables are browned at edges and tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.
If your honey crystallizes (a natural occurrence), microwave it for 30 seconds to return it to a liquid state.
Source: Martha Stewart Living