I saw this post on Oh She Glows and can’t wait to make it. This is the ideal lunch for someone wanting a vegetarian “tuna salad” wrap.
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp chopped dill pickle (1 pickle)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp regular mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds (or pecans/walnuts)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trader Joe’s Reduced Carb Whole Wheat tortillas
Preheat oven to 325F and toast the sunflower seeds for about 10 minutes.
Mix everything into a bowl, mashing up the chickpeas slightly with a fork, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stuff into a wrap or pita, or enjoy with crackers or rice cakes.
Nutritional Info (based on 3 servings): 222 cals, 8 grams fat, 32 grams carbs, 7 grams fiber, 8 grams protein.