A great “healthier” appetizer for Super Bowl parties…
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salsa (green or red)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas (or whole wheat)
- kosher salt
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat matte or foil lightly coated with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the tortillas.)
Working with a few tortillas at a time, heat them in the microwave between two paper towels until they are soft enough to roll (about 20 – 30 seconds).
Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla as tightly as you can.
Place the rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas until the mixture is gone, making sure the taquitos are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt (don’t skip the salt!)
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve with salsa and guacamole. Makes 12 taquitos. Makes 12 taquitos. Prep time: 20 minutes, Cook time: 20 minutes.
Source: VeryCulinary.com via Food Gawker