- 1 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Easy Tomato Sauce
Apple Onion Salad Recipe HERE.
In a medium bowl mash beans with a fork or potato masher. Stir in half of the bread crumbs, the carrot, onion, egg, half of the parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Combine remaining bread crumbs and parsley in a shallow dish.
Shape bean mixture into 4 patties (mixture will be soft). Dip both sides of patties into bread crumb mixture to coat.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Cook for 4 minutes per side or until well browned.
Arrange spinach and patties on bread slices. Top with Easy Tomato Sauce:
- 14 – 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- Ground black pepper
Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process to desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and stir in snipped fresh basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: my previous employer in NYC – Better Homes & Gardens