I made mini crab cakes this weekend for a party we held at our house. These crab cakes were delicious, and a great light, easy appetizer.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 6 teaspoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 10-12 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, picked over, patted dry, coarsely shredded
- 1 and a half cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Fresh chives, cut into pieces
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan and egg; beat to blend. Beat in Greek yogurt, citrus peels, 4 teaspoons chopped chives, coarse salt, and cayenne pepper. Fold in crabmeat and 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour remaining 1/2 cup of panko into a flat tupperware. Spoon 1 generous tablespoon crab mixture into tupperware of panko and roll. Place mini crab patties on cookie sheet.
Bake mini crab cakes for 30 minutes. Carefully turn patties over. Bake for an added 15-20 minutes.Arrange crab cakes on serving platter; sprinkle with chives.
For Yogurt Topping: Mix 1/4 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt with 2 tablespoons chives, lemon and honey. This makes for an excellent yogurt topping on each mini crab cake.
Source: Bon Appetit