- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced turkey bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 8-ounce bunch kale, stems discarded, leaves shredded
- 2 tart yet sweet apples, sliced into thick matchsticks
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted if desired
Combine the olive oil and turkey bacon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is golden and crispy. Strain the pan drippings into a small bowl and leave the crispy bacon off to the side to cool. Add the Champagne vinegar, maple syrup/agave, salt and pepper and whisk well.
Combine the radicchio, kale, apples and pecans in a large bowl. Toss while adding the dressing, little by little, until salad is well dressed. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with crispy bacon.
Source: Serious Eats