I saw this photo and recipe on Food Gawker and it looks amazing.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 sliced avocados
- Tortillas (I suggest Trader Joe’s low-carb tortillas)
Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium high heat. Once hot, add onion and saute until golden and tender, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 30 seconds longer. Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, cooked quinoa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover saucepan with lid and simmer about 20 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
Stir in corn and black beans and simmer, uncovered 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Serve warm over tortillas with desired toppings.
Recipe & Photo Source: Cooking Classy via Food Gawker