I am making this recipe for a 1920’s themed book club…
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) pumpernickel, or wheat bread slices
- 3 tablespoons diced green onions
Bake coconut and almonds in shallow baking pans at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
Stir together cream cheese and next 4 ingredients; gently stir in chicken. Spread evenly on bread slices; trim crusts, and cut each slice into 3 strips. Sprinkle evenly with coconut, almonds, and green onions.
**Recommended to make a day ahead of time (except for baking coconut and almonds) to let the flavors marinate.
Source: Southern Living