- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) flat-iron steaks
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over steaks. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan. Add lemon halves, cut sides down, to pan; cook 3 minutes. Cut steaks across the grain into thin slices.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chives, and next 4 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt), stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over arugula; toss to coat. Arrange 1 steak, 1 cup arugula, and 1 lemon half on each of 4 plates; top each salad with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Source: June 2010 Cooking Light