Just saw this yummy recipe on Shape.com. Looks like a great Fall recipe.
For orange vinaigrette:
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup pulp-free orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium bunches (4 cups) kale, chopped
- 1 medium bunch Swiss or rainbow chard
- 1/2 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 6 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese), crumbled
In a small mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients for vinaigrette to combine. Clean and thoroughly dry kale and chard. With a sharp knife, remove woody stems from kale. Chop both greens into bite-size pieces.
Remove and discard seeds from butternut squash. Use a vegetable peeler to slice thin ribbons from inside squash.
In a large bowl, combine greens, squash ribbons, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Toss with half the vinaigrette. Transfer salad to 6 plates. Top with crumbled chèvre and serve additional vinaigrette on the side. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition: 352 calories, 5 g fiber, 10g protein per serving
Source: Shape Magazine